Dr. Tello is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship trained dermatologic surgeon. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Denver with a Bachelor of Science in biology. She earned her medical degree from the University of Colorado where she was elected to theAlpha Omega Alpha medical honor society and received several awards for her research. She completed her dermatology residency at the top-ranked University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and stayed on to complete fellowship training in Mohs micrographic surgery, facial reconstructive surgery, and laser and cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Tello has published numerous peer-reviewed journal articles, several textbook chapters, and has presented her research at national and international meetings. She is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American College of Mohs Surgery, and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
Dr. Tello specializes in Mohs micrographic surgery and reconstructive surgery for the treatment of skin cancer. She also has advanced training in cosmetic dermatology and laser procedures, including the treatment and revision of scars, removal of benign skin lesions, botox injections, fillers for facial rejuvenation (including Juvederm, Voluma, Restylane, Belotero, Sculptra), and Kybella for fullness under the chin. In addition to procedural dermatology, Dr. Tello sees general dermatology patients including acne, rosacea, eczema, and most other skin conditions.
After living in San Francisco for the past 5 years, Dr. Tello is delighted to move back to Denver and join Apex Dermatology. In her free time, she can be found skiing, hiking, spending time outdoors with her yellow lab, and enjoying her husband’s vegan cooking. In the community, Dr. Tello has organized several skin cancer screening events and serves as medical staff for the Send It Foundation, a non-profit organization providing outdoor adventures for young adults battling cancer.
- Tello TL, Coggshall K, Yu SS. Merkel Cell Carcinoma: An Update and Review. Part II: Current and Future Therapy. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018 Mar;78(3):445-56.
- Coggshall K, Tello TL, Yu SS. Merkel Cell Carcinoma: An Update and Review. Part I: Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Staging. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018 Mar;78(3):433-44.
- Winchester, D, Lehman J, Tello, T, et al. “Undifferentiated Pleomorphic Sarcoma: Factors Predictive of Adverse Outcomes.” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2018.
- Tello TL, Chiu NTD, North JP.Purpuric Agave Dermatitis. Journal of Cutaneous Pathology. 2017 Sept;44(12):995-97.
- Yuan JT, Tello TL, Hultman C, Barker CA, Arron ST, Yom SS. Medical marijuana for the treatment of vismodegib related muscle spasm. JAAD case reports. 2017 Sept; 3(5):438-440
- Tello, TL, Arron ST. "Non-melanoma Skin Cancer." Abernathy's Surgical Secrets. Ed: Harken AH, Moore EE. 7th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby/Elsevier, 2018.